17 July 2010

Lovin Summer!

Today, Zuben took me to the Willard Aquatic Center, and we added another punch to our summer flip-card, courtesy of the Greene County Library. We both had so much fun!!! I wish I had a waterproof camera, so I could have taken more pics. Perhaps someone else could join us next time...

AND, my family became official produce vendors today. We are called Shelburn Farm, and if you visit Homegrown Food on Cherry and Pickwick, you can find our Japanese eggplant, white eggplant, spaghetti squash and heirloom summer squash. In addition to that wonderful transaction, a lovely lady came to the house and bought 10 of our yellow summer squash.

We have never had such a plentiful harvest before, and all my mother's hard work has been truly paying off! I am trying to come up with a lot of ways to use it all, but they just keep coming! At the moment I am making vegetable stock to can & store in the pantry, but I only used 2 summer squash, and we have 30 more on the kitchen counter!In addition to the squash, I used onion, garlic, celery, carrots, parsnips, kale, oregano and thyme, all from the garden. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment