08 August 2011

Watermelon Ideas Needed!

Our watermelon are ready!


I guess we have had superfluous doubt about the productivity of our melons and squashes from this arid summer. Cutting into the first watermelon of the season always draws excitement and curiosity, with an anxious stare from the initial piercing of the knife, until validation and joy when it's ripe. The juicy pink goodness is a summer staple for many sweltering afternoons, and Zuben could eat watermelon everyday if allowed. As for me, well my belly just doesn't agree with it, but I try it at least once each year.

I found a few recipes to try, such as sorbet, cake and pie, and will soon discover if prepared watermelon can be eaten with full gratification. If you have a favorite recipe, I'd love to give it a try <3

No comments:

Post a Comment